Proud of the Professional Services We Provide
American Legal Publishing provides a full range of services to municipalities and counties of all sizes, including ordinance codification and supplementation, CD-ROM publishing, Internet hosting, meeting minutes imaging and much more!
We began as the codification division of the Anderson Publishing Company in Cincinnati in 1934. We became a separate corporation in 1979, and then primarily employee-owned in 2006.
American Legal currently serves nearly 2,000 local government clients across the country. Our clients include the Cities of New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Philadelphia, Dallas, Boston, Albuquerque, Cleveland, Tucson, San Francisco, Honolulu and many others.
American Legal offers a full range of codification services, including:
- Recodification, republication and reformatting of local government codes
- Supplementation of existing codes
- Legal research and analysis of local government ordinances
- Printing, warehousing and distribution services
- Subscription and marketing services for codes
- Electronic codification services on CD and online
- Fully-searchable online meeting minutes
Our reputation for high quality, our professional staff of attorneys, our experienced editors, and our friendly customer service have made us America’s professional codifier.
America’s Most Professional Codification Staff
Employee-owned, American Legal has an editorial staff of experienced editors skilled in the multiple disciplines required in providing codification services: editing, computer operation, proofreading and indexing. Our typical editor is a college graduate with a degree in English, Journalism, or Law (16 staff members have law degrees). Our staff includes a current City Law Director, former City Councilmember, former City Mayor, and former Neighborhood Council President.
STEPHEN G. WOLF, ESQ. – PRESIDENT
– Current City Attorney of an Ohio city, and former Mayor.
– More than thirty years with American Legal Publishing.
CYNTHIA A. POWELEIT, ESQ. – EXECUTIVE VICE PRESIDENT AND EDITOR-IN-CHIEF
– Twenty-four years with American Legal Publishing.
RAY G. BOLLHAUER, ESQ. – VICE PRESIDENT, CLIENT RELATIONS
– Past President and Trustee of local community Council.
– Twenty-three years with American Legal.
– Federal Bar member
TODD P. MYERS, ESQ. – VICE PRESIDENT, MAJOR CLIENT SERVICES
– Twenty-three years with American Legal
AIMEE CHOI – EDITOR AND DIRECTOR OF NEW CODE PROJECTS
– Eighteen years with American Legal
AMY OAKS – SUPPLEMENT EDITING DIRECTOR
– Seventeen years with American Legal
SARAH BAUER – DIRECTOR OF ELECTRONIC PUBLISHING
– Twelve years with American Legal
ADDITIONAL LEGAL STAFF:
CHRISTI G. BAUNACH – LEGAL REVIEW STAFF
– Twenty years with American Legal
RUTH MORTON-FAZIO – STAFF ATTORNEY
– Former owner of codification firm Justinian Publishing, Cleveland, Ohio
deRICCI GETTY – LEGAL REVIEW STAFF
– Licensed in both Ohio and Pennsylvania
LISA BRICKNER – LEGAL EDITOR
MICHAEL BUCHANAN – LEGAL EDITOR
MICHAEL FIELMAN – LEGAL EDITOR
DARLENE FOLEY – LEGAL EDITOR
RENELL HAMILTON – LEGAL EDITOR
NILS HERDELIN – LEGAL EDITOR
DEVON MOSER – LEGAL REVIEWER
LAURA MOSER – LEGAL EDITOR
OWEN PARSONS – LEGAL EDITOR