American Legal Publishing Corporation publishes local government laws, including printand online versions. Located in downtown Cincinnati, American Legal’s staff of approximately 50 employees provides professional services to more than 3,500 municipalities across the country, ranging in size from the cities of New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, Dallas and Philadelphia, to villages with populations under 500.
We are seeking a candidate who will perform editing of our Code of Ordinances publications.
The successful candidate will be responsible for creating or updating municipal codes with current legislation, including:
- Organizing project materials
- Producing a working draft and final copy
- Compiling editorial notes
- Editing word processing files
- Detailed proofreading for grammar, spelling and format
- Interacting with clients to provide solutions to publication issues
Candidates should be:
- Highly organized and focused
- Able to comprehend complex text
- Have excellent command of English grammar
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Able to follow instructions and learn specific technical editing steps
- Proficient in word processing (MS Word or WordPerfect)
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Possess a Bachelor's degree (preference for English, Law, Paralegal, or similar field)
This is a full-time, entry-level, salaried position offering a benefit package including 401(K), life, health and dental insurance. The successful candidate will be required to work in our Cincinnati office.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: “Legal Editor Position”